Welcome and thank you!

Welcome! And thank you for your continued support!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 2


Here is a list of what I will be focusing on during each day this week:
Sunday: Adoration
Monday: Time of Confession
Tuesday: Time of giving thanks
Wednesday: Supplication - Praying for finances (continued financial support, finances for Downtown Ministries, and more specifically for the Art Program and Elevator fund) Also praying that we are good stewards of the finances he has provided us.
Thursday: Supplication - Praying to always remember not to approach anything in our own strength, but in His.
Friday: Supplication - Praying for someone to step up and offer assistance in the growth of the art program
Saturday: Listen

I had the opportunity this past Saturday and Sunday to visit my old church in Michigan, Northridge. I got to go to a service on Saturday night and Sunday morning I went with my best friends from Michigan, the Roughley girls, back to Northridge for a prayer meeting for Rachel Roughley who is going to Togo on a missions trip for 18 days. During that prayer meeting one of the leaders read from Luke 9. It was awesome that I got to go, and that I was able to take so much from it as well. Here is what it says, verses 1-6
; "And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal. And he said to them, "Take nothing for your journey, no staff, nor bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not have two tunics. And whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart. And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them. And they departed and went through the villages, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere."
Later in the same Chapter verses 37-43: "On the next day, when they had come down from the mountain, a great crowd met him. And behold, a man from the crowd cried out. 'Teacher, I beg you to look at my son, for he is my only child. And behold a spirit seizes him, and he suddenly cries out. It convulses him so that he foams at the mouth, and shatters him, and will hardly leave him. And I begged your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.' Jesus answered, 'O faithless and twisted generation, how long am I to be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.' While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground, and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. And all were astonished at the majesty of God."
Several things that I pulled from this: He has equipped us to do his work so that all are astonished at the majesty of God... how sad it is at how often we forget this, which is why the disciples were unable to cast out the demon in the boy. I pray constantly that I remember the strength is in him and that he has given us his Holy Spirit, who has the power to move mountains.
Although I am not leaving the country to do missions, missions is what we are all called to, as believers. I like the beginning of the Chapter where says to take nothing for your journey and it begins to list material things that we often think we need to do his work. This is a great reminder that he is sufficient and challenges me to continue in faith that he will provide.
I had a good time visiting family in Detroit... and now I am ready to continue to serve him in my community of Greenville, Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment