Welcome and thank you!

Welcome! And thank you for your continued support!

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's a heart issue

I have been daily, and even more frequently, reminded that when it comes to searching after God, being transformed into His image with my desires being His desires, and seeking wisdom that it always comes down to the heart. Psalm 139:23 & 24

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
How beautifully simple, to realize what I should be praying for is that he takes my heart and works on it... and that is my prayer.

My brother and sister were home for the Memorial Weekend. It is difficult being away from them... they left me here in Greenville, to take care of the parents. Ha! Everyone knows they still take care of me. I had some good sibling time with them... and as I slept on the floor of my room, with my sister up in my bed, we both shared the same vigor and complete joy that we have found in our walk with Christ. We both expressed the same feelings of how this journey on the narrow, difficult road should be looked at as an adventure. Our lives are so boring and mundane... but with Christ, the day-dreamer wakes up and is brought to life. As we work out the calling to not conform to the ways of the world, being set apart by Christ, it can get very difficult and be very burdening... but when we begin to cast out troubles and our worries on Him and truly trust Him in all the ways He wants to provide for us, it's very adventurous. James 1:2-4

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
As we talked I was comforted that I get to live out this adventure with my family and my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment