Welcome and thank you!

Welcome! And thank you for your continued support!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yesterday and today, I spoke about Fresh Grounds and how our ministry works and what exactly I do to some big groups:
I once spoke as a kid in front of 3,000 people... don't remember the experience very much, needless to say it was pretty traumatic.
I later could get up on stage no problem, with little nerves as long as I was playing a character and not myself and had specific lines to memorize.
Recently I have really been pushed out of my comfort zone in speaking with large groups about my life story and about God and what he has done and is doing in my life. It gets easier each and every time.
I can easily talk about art. It just naturally flows and I thought to myself, speaking about God and the work that Jesus did up on the cross should be just as if not easier to talk about than art. So I am working on it, and it is exciting to see the growth that is happening.
I often have no idea what I am actually saying and I hope that it means the holy spirit has stepped in... but afterwards, is when I realize what all I said. And it is exciting to see how I could have said this or that wrong or gotten of on a tangent here or there and God has really guided my words.
I am still not a good speaker, and look forward to gaining more wisdom and knowledge, but I have been exposing my heart and I hope that God can do his work through that.
When God is in control, he can really bring glory to himself even using the least likely candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment